Keep Fats, Oils and Grease Out of Your Drain
You can help fight F.O.G.
Sources of F.O.G. include:
- Gravy, sauces and soups
- Cooking oil, butter, shortening, lard and margarine
- Milk, cream, sour cream and mayonnaise
- Food scraps
- Oil from cooked meats
Tips to keep your drains fat-free:
- Pour fats, oils and grease into a container and store in the freezer, then put in the trash after it has hardened
- Use paper towels to wipe greasy dishes before washing
- Use sink strainers to catch food waste when washing
- Put food scraps in compost bin or in the trash
Explore an easy guide for proper disposal of F.O.G. and food scraps.
Read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Posted: July 26th, 2013 under At Your Service.